- 12 ounces fresh or fresh/frozen cranberries
- 2 cups water 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place all ingredients in a non-reactive pot on stove and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer until cranberries have burst and begin to fall apart. Remove from heat and allow mixture to cool slightly.
- Purée the cranberry mixture using an immersion blender. (Or, puréein batches in a food processor or blender; use caution when blending hot liquids.)
- Strain the purée through a medium-mesh strainer and cool in refrigerator until fully chilled.
- Transfer the cranberry syrup to an ice cream maker and process until the mixture is the consistency of thick cake batter.
- Transfer the sorbet to a freezer-safe container and freeze overnight to allow to fully set.