Italian Stuffing with Sausage
"This is a recipe that was passed down from my grandfather and father - both of whom preferred to use rough measurements (a handful of this, a shake of that) rather than exact measurements - so I am doing my best here!"
- 3/4 - 1 lb of sweet italian sausage
- 3/4 - 1lb of hot italian sausage
- 1 loaf italian bread or baguette - no seeds
- 1 egg
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup fresh parsley
- 3/4 - 1 cup pecorino romano cheese
- garlic salt
preheat oven to 350°F
- Break bread into quarters and place in cool water to soak. In the meantime, chop parsley and remove sausage from casing.
- Spray a skillet with non-stick spray and brown sausage in a pan. Sprinkle garlic salt on sausage while cooking fully. Set aside.
- Drain bread with hands, removing all water. In a bowl, combine the bread, cooked sausage, chopped parsley, pecorino romano cheese and the egg.
- Mix with hands until all ingredients are spread evenly throughout. Transfer the mixture into a lightly greased baking pan. Form into a flat loaf and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil, bake for an additional 15 minutes or until top is browned.