For sauteed mushrooms
- 2 pounds cremini mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 4 pasilla chiles* (dried or fresh) cut in strips
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 corn or flour tortillas
- 1 cup Oaxaca* or Monterey cheese
- 2 cups sauteed mushrooms
- 2 grilled onions
- 4 sprigs epazote* or cilantro
- 2 tablespoons oil
- In a large pan on medium heat add oil, garlic and pasilla chiles, stirring constantly until lightly browned.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 8 to 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer mushrooms to a bowl and mix in parsley
- Preheat cast-iron griddle or in medium heat heavy skilled.
- Brush one side of each tortilla with oil and place on the griddle.
- Spread 1/4 cup cheese on each of 4 tortillas, leaving a small border around the edge.
- Add mushrooms, onion and epazote and wait until the cheese starts melting.
- Top with the remaining empty tortillas and press firmly to close.
Serve with salsa, sour cream and guacamole.