- 6 large apples (any variety)
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 3 carrots, diced
- 1 kohlrabi bulb, diced
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 quarts fresh apple cider
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche
- 2 to 3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- quarters of fresh lemon to accompany when serving
- In a large sauce pan, heat oil and saute the kohlrabi, carrots, celery, pepper and tomatoes 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add cider, bring to a boil and let simmer for 45 minutes.
- While the soup simmers, peel apples, remove seeds, dice.
- Add apples to the pan and cook for another 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix the flour and creme fraiche. Add the mixture little by little to the soup, blending well.
- Bring the soup to a boil, add lemon juice; salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with the lemon quarters on the side.