- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cups canola oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup unsoaked poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cup flour
- Granulated sugar for sprinkling on top
- Blend together the eggs, oil and sugar. When blended, add vanilla, poppy seeds, salt and baking powder. Mix well.
- Add the flour and combine.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and shape into a ball.
- To make the cookies, take a handful of dough and roll it out to 1/8- to 1/4-inch thick on a floured board.
- Sprinkle granulated sugar on top; tamp the sugar into the dough lightly with the rolling pin.
- Cut out the cookies using a circular cookie cutter.
- Bake on a greased cookie sheet at 350F for 8 to 12 minutes. Cookies are done just before or just as the edges are turning a golden brown.