- 1 butternut squash, peeled, deseeded, large dice
- 1 large onion, rough chopped
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 6 to 8 leaves fresh sage
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- pinch nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Saute onion until caramelized.
- Add butternut squash to onions and saute for another 5 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add water until squash is just covered and simmer till squash is soft and tender (30 to 40 minutes).
- Add fresh chopped sage.
- Puree and adjust consistency and flavor.
Serve with sage cream, sage croutons, maple cream.