- 6 to 8 medium to large carrots, peeled, medium chop
- 2 to 3 medium fingers of fresh ginger, peeled, grated
- 3 stalks celery, destringed, medium chop
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled, chopped
- 12 to 15 stems flat parsley, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- olive oil
- 8 ounces vegetable (or chicken) broth
- Cook the carrot chunks in water until tender.
- In a light layer of olive oil, soften the celery, onions and garlic. Add the salt and pepper and mix well.
- Add ginger to the vegetables, mix well, continue to cook for 2 minutes, then remove from heat.
- In a food processor, combine all cooked ingredients and blend slowly, adding broth in the process.
- When the mixture is smooth, transfer the ingredients to a saucepan or pot. Simmer slowly 1 to 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Adjust salt and pepper to taste