- 1 head white cauliflower, sliced into 1-inch-thick steaks
- 12 medium parsnips, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 roasted garlic clove
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, de-seeded, cut into 1/2-inch dice and dice
- 4 leaves of fresh sage, chopped
- 2 ounces pistachios, shelled
- 10 sprigs cilantro
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 2 garlic cloves
- salt and pepper to season
Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Arrange butternut squash on sheet tray and drizzle with 2 tablespoons coconut oil. Season with sage, salt and pepper. Roast in 350 ̊F oven until tender, about 1 hour.
- Bring 4 cups water to boil in a medium pot. Add parsnip pieces and boil until tender, about 30 minutes.
- In a food processor, combine pistachios, cilantro, spinach, garlic, oil and vinegar. Purée until smooth. Pour into a bowl and set aside.
- Place roasted parsnips in a clean food processor. Add roasted garlic, coconut milk, salt and pepper. Purée until smooth. Pour into a bowl and set aside.
- Drizzle both sides of cauliflower steaks with 2 tablespoons coconut oil. Place in a single layer on sheet tray; season with salt and pepper.
- Roast cauliflower steaks in 350 ̊F oven for 35 minutes.
To plate: Pour generous amount of parsnip purée on plate. Place roasted cauliflower steak over parsnips. Scatter roasted squash on outside edge for color. Drizzle with pistachio vinaigrette.