2 slices seven grain bread
1 ounce Kittle Kitchen Apple Cider-Mustard
1 ounce Béchamel sauce
2 ½ ounces Kittle Kitchen Bacon Jam
2 slices Beef Steak Tomato
3 ounces Gruyere cheese, sliced thin
Butter for cooking
¼ pound flour
¼ pound butter
24 ounces heavy cream
3 ounces Gruyere cheese, finely grated
Salt & fresh pepper
- Spread the Béchamel sauce on each slice of bread; then spread the Apple-Cider Mustard on each slice as well.
- Then spread the Bacon Jam on one slice.
- Next put the sliced tomato; then the sliced cheese.
- Put the other slice of bread on top with the sauced side down.
- Pre-heat the oven to 375ºF. Place an oven proof pan on the stove with two table spoons of butter in it. Place over medium heat and once the butter is melted add the sandwich.
- Once the sandwich is golden brown on one side flip it over and place in the oven 5 to 10 minutes until the bottom is also golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Cut in half and serve.
- Place the butter into a sauce pot over medium heat; once it is melted add the flour a little at a time while whisking until smooth.
- Add the heavy cream and combine until smooth. Increase heat to medium high
- Once it comes to a gentle boil add the Gruyere cheese, constantly stirring. Ounce it returns to a boil and the cheese is combined, lower the heat, add the salt and pepper. Pour into a container. This can be made a day before and refrigerated. Let it come to room temperature when needed.