- 1 cup heavy cream (or whipping cream)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Stir together cream, cocoa and confectioners’ sugar. Chill 30 minutes.
- Beat on high speed until stiff peaks form, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Stir in almond and vanilla extracts.
- Use as a topping for cakes, cupcakes, hot chocolate or coffee.
Note: Heavy cream has 36 percent butterfat content; whipping cream has 30 percent butterfat content. When whipped, heavy cream forms a denser cloud and holds its shape a bit longer, so it’s best for piping through a pastry tip.