Great on its own, with grilled chicken or fish. Try stirring it into risotto or polenta.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme leaves
- kernels stripped from 5 ears of sweet local corn
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook, stirring often, until soft, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the thyme and corn. Cook, stirring, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the white wine and cook until reduced to a tablespoon or two. Add the heavy cream and maintain a low boil until reduced by half.
- Remove from the heat and puree half of the corn mixture in the work bowl of a food processor until creamy. Stir it back into the saucepan with the whole corn kernels.
- Add the parsley and season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.