Baby Greens, Fava Beans, Capocollo and Pecorino Toscano
- 4 1-inch slices rustic white bread
- 1/2 cup freshly shucked fava beans
- 4 cups baby salad greens, washed and patted dry
- 1 green onion, trimmed and cut thinly on a bias
- extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 8 chives
- 12 paper-thin slices Capocollo
- 2 ounces Pecorino Toscano cheese
- Preheat oven to 450º F. Cut round croutons from the bread slices using a 3-inch circle cutter. Then cut the center out of each round using a 1 1/2-inch circle cutter.
- Brush lightly with olive oil and toast on a baking sheet in the oven for 3 to 5 minutes, until lightly crispy. Remove and cool.
- Place the fava beans in a small bowl and the baby salad greens and green onion in a separate bowl. Season both to taste with extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Plate the croutons and place small “bouquets” of seasoned baby greens in the center of each.
- Garnish with chives, Capocollo and thin slices of Pecorino Toscano. Scatter the seasoned fresh fava beans around the plate and serve.