- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1each (per serving) shallot, small dice
- 2 each chanterelle mushrooms, chopped
- 2 each baby yellow carrots, peeled, blanched, cut into discs
- 2 each baby orange carrots, peeled, blanched, cut into discs
- 2 each baby red carrots, peeled, blanched, cut into discs
- 2 each baby parsnips, peeled, blanched, cut into discs
- 4 each patty pan squash, blanched whole cut into quarters
- 5 fresh peas shelled and blanched
- 2 each fava beans peeled, blanched
- 2 each cherry heirloom tomatoes cut in half
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons fines herbs, (parsley, chervil, chives, tarragon-chopped)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 pound pancetta, diced and rendered until crispy
- 1 each lemon, zested
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 each Glynwood Farm eggs
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
Substitute any seasonal fresh vegetables.
- Fill a pot with water and bring to a temperature of 142.5F.
- Add the vinegar.
- Add the eggs and cook for 45 minutes.
- Carefully crack the eggs open and place over the vegetables.
- Heat a large saute pan.
- Add the olive oil.
- Add the chanterelle mushrooms and saute until golden brown.
- Add the shallots, carrots, parsnips, squash, peas, fava beans and tomatoes.
- Lightly saute for one minute.
- Add the chicken stock and bring to a simmer.
- Add the fines herbs and lemon Juice.
- Add the pancetta and the lemon zest.
- Season with the salt and pepper.
- Place the poached eggs over the vegetables.