- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ lb. pancetta, diced
- 1 lb. of crimini and oyster mushrooms, cut in quarters
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 15 oz. (1 box) garganelli, or similar shaped pasta
- ½ cup mascarpone cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Put a pot of salted water on to boil for the pasta.
- In the meantime, prepare the sauce: Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the pancetta and cook over medium heat until the pancetta is almost crispy.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes. Just before the mushrooms are done cooking add the garlic and cook for one minute. Add wine and cook down until almost evaporated.
- Add the chicken stock, cream, salt and pepper to taste and simmer until thickened (about 3 minutes). Remove from heat and set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, drain (reserving some pasta water) and immediately add pasta to the sauce. Toss well then stir in the mascarpone until it melts into the sauce.
- Stir in Parmesan. If the sauce looks too thin, add extra Parmesan. If it looks too thick, add some pasta water. Season with salt and pepper to taste, add the parsley and serve immediately.