- 1 pound Brussels sprouts (cleaned and halved)
- 4 ounces balsamic vinegar
- 2 ounces honey
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Corn starch slurry (1 tablespoon corn starch with 3 tablespoons cold water)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt to taste
Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Blanche hazelnuts in boiling water for 15 seconds, remove and toss with sugar to coat.
- Arrange hazelnuts in a single layer on a baking pan and bake in 425°F oven 8 to 10 minutes until golden.
- Blanche Brussels sprouts in salted boiling water 4 to 5 minutes; set aside.
- In medium saucepan over medium heat, add balsamic vinegar and honey and reduce by half. Slowly add corn starch slurry until the sauce reaches a syrupy consistency.
- In heavy skillet over medium heat, saute Brussels sprouts in olive oil until browned.
- Remove Brussels sprouts from heat and toss with honey balsamic syrup.
- Garnish with candied hazelnuts.