Inspired by the purity of the Harvest Spirits Core Black Raspberry Vodka, Culinary Institute of America Professor Douglass Miller offers the Hudson Valley Bramble. “The idea was to have a local cocktail,” he says. “I also wanted a cocktail that the consumer can adjust based on the different berry seasons in the Hudson Valley—later in the summer, you can create the same drink with tree-ripened peaches or nectarines. You can style the drink however you like—if you want a little less sweetness, decrease the amount of syrup.”
- 2 ounces Core Black Raspberry Vodka
- 3/4 ounce Drink More Good Ginger Syrup
- 4 Hudson Valley strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, cherries or blackberries
- dash of Tuthilltown Spirits “Bitter Frost” Basement Bitters
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the berries.
- Add the ginger syrup, vodka, bitters and ice.
- Shake for about 15 seconds or until cold.
- Serve in a chilled rocks glass.