- 1 recipe Asian mushroom broth, Shiitake mushrooms reserved
- 1-1/2 cups sliced small white mushrooms
- 2 fresh portabella mushrooms, about 4 inches in diameter, thinly sliced, then cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 5 to 6 stalks bok choy, greens included, thinly sliced
- 3 to 4 scallions, white and green parts, sliced
- 2 to 3 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari, or to taste
- Lemon-pepper to taste
- Bring the broth to a simmer.
- Trim the stems off of the Shiitake used to make the broth. Slice the caps and return them to the broth along with the white and portabella mushrooms. Add the wine.
- Simmer gently for 10 to 15 minutes, covered, or until the fresh mushrooms are done but still pleasantly chewy.
- Add the remaining ingredients; simmer for another 5 to 8 minutes, just until the bok choy is tender-crisp.
Serve at once.