- 3 pounds pork shoulder, trimmed of connective tissue, approximately 75 percent lean, 25 percent fat
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon minced thyme
- 1 teaspoon minced parsley
- 1⁄2 cup green peppercorns
- 22 1⁄2 grams kosher salt
- 1⁄2 gram ground black pepper
- 1 gram quatre de espice (French spice blend)
- Combine pork, onion and garlic, grind through a medium sized die. (If you do not have a meat grinder this can be done in a food processor by pulsing the meat several times until it forms a sausage-like consistency.)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the meat with the herbs and other spices. Blend until thoroughly combined.
- Pack the meat mixture into a terrine or bread mold, cover with foil, bake in a water bath at 325° F until it has reached an internal temperature of 140° F.
- Allow the terrine to cool to room temperature before removing from terrine mold.
Serve cold with crostini, whole grain mustard and cornichons.