1 pound Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled, diced
1/2 pound parsnips, diced
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup whole milk
- Place potatoes and parsnips in a large soup pot and cover with salted cold water.
- Bring to a boil and cook until the potatoes and parsnips are very tender
- When cooked, drain the water and place cooked vegetables in a stand mixer with a paddle attachment. Blend until just smooth (don’t over-blend or mixture will be runny and lack consistency).
- Add butter, cream, and milk (to taste).
- Beat again briefly until the liquids are mixed. Adjust seasoning and serve.