Makes one 9-inch pie, Serves 8
- 12 ounces Montena Taranto ricotta cheese
- 3 ounces hot sopressata
- 3 ounces sweet sopressata
- 2 ounces Genoa salami
- 1/2 cup Grana Padano cheese, grated
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
Preheat oven to 300° F.
- Run the sopressata (hot and sweet) under warm water to loosen the skin (this will help to make the peeling easier). Peel and dice the sopressata and salami.
- Combine the meat, ricotta, yolk, one of the eggs, Grana Padano and cayenne in a mixing bowl. Reserve the second egg to brush the dough before it goes in the oven.
- Roll out savory Parmigiano short dough to line a 9-inch pie plate.
- Fill the lined pie plate with the meat mixture and fold the edges of the dough onto the filling.
- Lightly beat the reserved egg and, using a pastry brush, brush the edges of the dough.
- Bake for about 40 minutes.
- Cool, chill and slice.