- 1 pound starchy potatoes, such as Yukon Gold or Carola
- 1 pound yucca
- 8 ounces yellow or Spanish onion, minced
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 ounces Asiago cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 ounces butter
- pinch of nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- Boil potatoes and yucca separately, until tender.
- Mash the cooked potatoes and yucca together.
- Saute onions in olive oil until golden brown, and add to the potato/yucca mixture.
- Season with nutmeg salt and pepper, and allow to cool.
- Form mixture into patties (6 to 8 ounces each).
- Cook patties in butter until golden brown, flipping as needed.
Serve topped with garlic aioli and the thinly sliced cheeses.