- 1 1/4 cup pumpkin puree (from your very own roasted pumpkin)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
Preheat oven to 350º degrees
- Grease and flour an 8.5″ x 4.5″ loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine pumpkin puree, honey and brown sugar. Mix until smooth. Add vegetable oil.
- Beat eggs together and add to the pumpkin mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine dry ingredients. Gradually sift them into the pumpkin mixture.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar and bake for about 1 hour (or until springs back slightly to the touch).