Yields 3 large loaves
- 8 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups oil
- 5 cups sugar
- 5 cups flour
- 5 teaspoons nutmeg
- 5 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 29-ounce can of pumpkin, or use fresh roasted pumpkin purée
- Cream together oil and sugar; add eggs, water and pumpkin.
- Sift together all the dry ingredients and add them to the wet ingredients.
- Coat the bread pan with butter and flour. DON’T FORGET to do this step. Place dough in the breadpan.
- Bake at 350º F 45 to 60 minutes.
- Place wooden skewer through middle of bread; when the skewer is removed dry it is done.
Alternative: Push down on the center of loaf, when the bread springs back to its original shape it is done.