Basic Pickle Recipe
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- zest of 1/2 lemon
Prepare the vegetable you want to pickle and place in a heat-proof glass jar with lid.
- In a small saucepan, combine the water and rice wine vinegar and bring to a boil.
- Add sugar and stir to dissolve. Remove from heat.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the hot vinegar.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the vegetables in the jar. Liquid must completely cover the vegetables and should come to about 1/2 inch from the top of the jar.
- Allow jar to cool. Cover and refrigerate.
This recipe is not meant for long-term, non-refrigerated storage.