Fettuccine with Quail
- 2 roasted quail, meat removed and shredded
- 2 carrots, fine chop
- 2 celery stalks, fine chop
- 1/2 large onion, fine chop
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup dry white wine
- freshly grated nutmeg to taste
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 pound fettuccine, cooked
- In a pot combine shredded quail meat, chopped carrots, celery, onion, bay leaves, nutmeg and white wine.
- Braise on stovetop for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a sauté pan heat olive oil and butter. Add quail mixture, salt and pepper to taste and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add cooked pasta, toss the mixture well.
To serve, divide among 4 shallow bowls. Top with freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and olive oil to finish.