Me-Oh-My’s Plum Pie
- 3 pounds red or black plums, with peel
- 6 tablespoons quick cook tapioca
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- pie crust
- 1 egg
- turbinado sugar
Preheat over to 350˚ F.
- Cut plums into 1 1/2-inch chunks, making sure to keep the peel on.
- Mix with the tapioca, sugar, and ginger and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, roll out the bottom crust and line a 9-10” pie pan.
- Fill with the plum mixture and cover with the top crust.
- Brush with a beaten egg and sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Bake for one hour, or until the pie is hot and bubbly.