- 6 large potatoes, unpeeled
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- chopped parsley (optional)
- Boil potatoes until tender (about 20 to 30 minutes). Drain and let cool completely. Peel the potatoes, then grate or mash them.
- Combine all the ingredients and mix together with hands to form a soft dough.
- Take dough by large tablespoonful and form by hand into a ball or cigar shape. Continue until all the potatoes are finished.
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil on the stove. Place a few dumplings at a time into the boiling water. They will sink-don't overload the pot.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and let the dumplings poach until they rise to the top (about 10 minutes). Remove with a slotted spoon and drain well.
Drizzle with melted butter and serve with sauerbraten.