- 6 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 4 medium anchovy filets, minced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Cover the golden raisins with hot water for 10 to 15 minutes until plump. Drain and pat dry.
- Heat the oil in a skillet and fry the zucchini one layer at a time until golden. Remove and let drain on a paper towel.
- Combine the garlic, mint, vinegar, anchovy and sugar and whisk together.
- Toss with the zucchini, raisins and pine nuts. Season with salt and pepper and let cool. Cover and marinate.
Keeps well in the refrigerator for several days.