1 ounce Cranberry Puree
1 ounce freshly squeezed orange juice
1/2 ounce Walnut Puree
1 1/2 ounces 1857 Vodka
Orange zest, for garnish
24 ounces fresh cranberries
1 cup water
1 orange, juice and zest
12 ounces walnuts
1/2 cup sugar
1. Put cranberries, water, orange juice, and zest into a medium size saucepan. Simmer over medium heat until mixture has thickened and most all of the cranberries have popped open.
2. Let the mixture cool and pour it into a food processor. Process the cranberry mixture until smooth and strain out the seeds through a mesh sieve. Chill before incorporating into the cocktail.
1. Put walnuts and sugar in a medium saucepan and cover with water. Simmer for 20 minutes and strain, saving the cooking liquid.
2. Process the walnuts in a food processor, drizzling in up to a 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid until the mixture is of a similar consistency to the cranberry puree. Chill before incorporating into the cocktail.
1. Add all ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake thoroughly. Strain into a martini glass and garnish with orange zest.