- 4 medium ripe tomatoes
- 4 to 6 quick-roasted garlic cloves
- 12 leaves fresh basil
- sea salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 350º F
- Slice baguette into 1/4-inch-thick rounds.
- Brush with garlic-infused olive oil and sprinkle with a touch of salt and pepper. Place on sheet pan.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes in 350 oven until golden. (Watch carefully–they can get too brown very quickly.)
- Peel garlic and place in small ovenproof pan. Barely cover with the highest quality olive oil. Bake at 350 until golden and soft. Remove from heat and set aside to cool. Reserve 1/4 cup oil from roasted garlic.
- Slice garlic into thin strips.
- Core and quarter tomatoes. Remove seeds. Slice into thin strips and dice small.
- Chiffonade basil–roll basil leaves together and using a sharp knife, cut into thin strips.
- Toss all ingredients in with reserved 1/4 cup oil.
- Add sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste.
- Spread 1 tablespoon soft chevre on crostini and warm in 350 oven until warm–not melted–about 3 minutes.
Remove from oven and spoon tomato basil topping on crostini. Serve immediately.