Servings: 4 Cups
- 4 cups of watermelon, diced, rind and seeds discarded
- 1 cup of fresh, peeled mango, diced
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice and zest
- 1 tablespoon vodka
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- In a food processor or blender, puree the watermelon until smooth. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Add the sugar, lemon juice, zest, ginger and vodka to the watermelon puree. Stir to blend.
- Cover and refrigerate until very cold, at least 2 hours or as long as 3 days.
- Stir the mixture to blend and pour into the canister of an ice cream maker. Freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions. Just before freezing fold the diced mango in the mixture.
- Transfer to a covered container and freeze until firm, at least 1 hour or as long as 3 days.