- 1 whole white cauliflower, trimmed, leaves removed
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons harissa sauce
- 3/4 cup cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons golden raisins
- 4 tablespoons mint, coarse chiffonade
- 3 tablespoons parsley, coarse chiffonade
- 3/4 cup harissa sauce (Mina brand)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 3 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
Preheat oven to 350 ̊F.
- Combine harissa sauce with salt, honey and lemon juice. Slowly whisk in olive oil.
- Brush 2 tablespoons olive oil to coat the bottom of a 10-inch sauté pan. Place whole cauliflower in center and pour the harissa on top of the cauliflower. Using a pastry brush, spread the sauce all over, making sure the entire cauliflower is covered.
- Add 1 cup water to bottom of pan and place on the middle rack of oven and cook at 350 ̊F for about 1 hour 15 minutes, basting every 20 minutes with the sauce on the bottom of the pan. The cauliflower is done when a skewer can penetrate through without any resistance.
- Heat a 10-inch sauté pan over medium high heat. Add 3 tablespoons butter; when it begins to turn brown and foams, add mint and parsley and swirl together for about 30 seconds, or until the herbs become crispy.
- Add the almonds and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Add the raisins and remove pan from heat.
- Whisk in remaining harissa.
- When cauliflower is done, place it on a plate, pour the harissa sauce over and serve hot.