- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 pound butter (2 sticks), cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup pink peppercorns, crushed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 cup cold water
- 9- to 10-inch tart pan
- 1 pound ramps
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 eggs
- pinch of salt, black pepper
- 11-ounce log goat cheese
- Mix together the dry ingredients, then cut the butter into the mixture. (You can use a food processor and pulse the butter into the flour until you have a mixture that resembles sand.)
- Slowly add the water to the dough until it just comes together.
- Form the dough into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Roll out the dough on a floured work surface until about 1/8 inch thick.
- Grease your tart pan and lay the dough into the pan, pressing down to cover the inside.
- Chill 15 minutes.
- Wash the whole ramps, cut off the root tip, oss with a bit of oil and grill until lightly charred, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove from the grill and cut into large pieces, including tops and bottoms, mixing whites and greens together.
- In a bowl, mix together the eggs, cream and seasonings.
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Spread the ramp mixture on the bottom of the prepared tart crust, pour the egg mixture over the ramps, and crumble the goat cheese on top.
- Bake until golden brown, about 25 minutes.
Serve the tart warm.